Scans done between the 28th and the 34th week of pregnancy are ideal. If you choose to have your 3D/4D ultrasound done early,consider having a second one done further along in your pregnancy. Full-figured moms may find that waiting until after 30 weeks will increase their chances of getting better images.
In any case, please drink plenty of fluids so that you will be well hydrated; this helps you and the baby. It also makes it more likely that we will be able to get a clear view of the baby in the womb.
- Are you able to tell us the gender of the baby?
- Will I always get a great picture of my baby?
- Is it safe? Are there any risks to me or my baby?
- How is 3D & 4D Ultrasound Different From 2D?
- What is an elective prenatal ultrasound?
- May we bring our family and friends?
- Is elective ultrasound covered by insurance?